* Make sure strangers online do not know too much about you just from reading your ID info and your contents..
* Online IDs or web user names can communicate something about the person behind them, so be certain of what you are willing to share especially with people you have never met one on one.
* Do not chat about things that could enable a stranger to locate you. That includes the name of your school or work place, the city you live in, and where you hang out..
* Protect your web information and contents from strangers. Do not put identifiable information in your user profile, including sensitive photos and materials.. Uploaded contents on the Internet can be downloaded and shared by everyone..
* Avoid posting images or pictures that allow strangers to easily locate you.. More so avoid posting sexually suggestive visual materials..
* Never meet with someone you encounter in an online chat forum unless you already know who they are..
* Be honest about your age. Some online Chats are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are too young to sign up, do not attempt to lie about your age. Discuss with your parents about alternative websites that may be appropriate for you..