COVID-19: WHO’s Safety Tips for Home Caregivers
World Health Organization -
Home Caregivers for People with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 Should:
- ✅ Ensure the ill persons rests , drinks plenty of fluids and eats nutritious food.
- ✅ Wear a medical mask when in the same room with an ill person. Do not touch the mask 😷 or face during use and discard it afterward.
- ✅ Frequently clean hands 🙌 with soap and water or alcohol-based rub, especially:
- after any type of contact with the ill person or their surroundings
- before, during and after preparing food
- before eating
- after using the toilet
- Use dedicated dishes, cups, eating utensils, towels and bedlinens for the ill person. Wash dishes, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedlinens used by the ill person with soap and water.
- ✅ Identify frequently touched surfaces by the ill person and clean and disinfect them daily.
- ✅ Call 📞 your health care facility immediately if the ill person worsens or experiences difficulty breathing.